Saturday 30 December 2017

Android Studio Options not visible

I was trying to learn some Android Native stuff and after installation of Android Studio and starting up I could not see "Include C++ support" and "Include Kotlin support" in the "Create New Project" wizard in my Ubuntu 17.10. Also the "Welcome to Android Studio" windows was very enlarged. Struggling I finally found the root cause of the problem. Generally I increase my Xubuntu Windows appearance fonts as I am comfortable with large fonts. This large font causes problems with the Android Studio layout manager and some of the Window elements disappears. I reduced the size of the font to 12 which was 18 before and I could start seeing the different options once again. For reference the font settings is present in "Settings Manager --> Appearance --> Fonts Tab".

Hope this helps some of the people facing this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment